There are more than seven billion apps in the market and still counting. But the world’s most used and widely successful apps still remain a handful in every category. Phenomenally successful apps do not come very often, and that’s quite understandable.
But like every app developer, you at least want to achieve a moderate level of success for your app project. The problem is that even achieving moderate success with consistent user engagement becomes extremely difficult because of the competition. You must think about the key challenging areas that app development services should master to make an app successful. With that said, our team delivers futuristic and robust top android app development solutions with their proven skills and experience, adhering to an approach to achieve brilliance and overcome all challenges. Well, here we are going to explain some of these areas.
Finding a winning app idea
Among the fundamentals of app development, finding a great app idea is something that no app project cannot do without. A great app idea is unique and highly relevant as far as user demand is concerned, perfectly achievable with the available technologies, and pragmatic in terms of resources. You cannot consider building an app to measure the depth of the ocean just to offer something unique.
Well, overcoming this challenge is not guaranteed. Still, suppose you follow the tested and tried path followed by other successful app projects grounded upon a unique idea. In that case, you have far better chances of getting your foothold on a unique and executable app idea. Here below, we provide some tips for finding unique app ideas.
- Don’t try to reinvent the wheel: It sounds proverbial, but people often try to reinvent the wheel just to be unique. Understand that becoming absolutely unique with an app idea is next to impossible, and thinking on that line will only result in wasting time and resources.
- Focus on a category or niche first: Instead of trying to find a unique app idea first, concentrate on a particular category or niche. This will make your research easier. Follow a reductionist method to compare the app categories and find the one that best suits your natural inclination. If you have a knack for productivity, it is better to find something unique in this category.
- Research the apps in the respective category: Now, you need to look deeper into all the top apps in the respective category and find out the key value propositions that make them successful. Secondly, find some not-so-successful apps in the same category that, in spite of great ideas, could not receive much buzz. This is how every nook and corner of the respective category is revealed.
- Write down several different options around one single idea: As of now, you must have figured out a core app idea that looks different from the rest in the same category. Now pen down the core idea along with several different variations and their respective value propositions for the target users. This is how the core idea is further elaborated, and you are close to coming out with the final idea.
Solving the puzzle of development budget
Another crucial challenge faced by most app projects concerns the app budget. Yes, you have figured out the app idea and are very confident about its executability and commercial success. But considering the depth of your project, your budget and means seem to be in poor shape, and you have no idea about how to find investors for the project.
Wait a minute before you shelve the idea for now. There are some time-tested measures to handle the budget challenges effectively. Let’s provide here some tips followed by other successful apps to deal with the budget challenge.
- Opt for an MVP: Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is an incremental development approach to help you build the app over time, starting with a basic app with elementary features. On the one hand, this approach will reduce the initial development cost, and on the other hand, this will help you make value additions through updates based upon actual user feedback.
- Choose a modular & cross-platform development approach: Another way to address the budget challenges is to opt for a modular, cross-platform development approach with a reusable tech stack. Both Flutter and React Native allow you to develop iOS and Android by reusing maximum code across platforms and offers modular, reusable components for faster development.
- Reach out to investors with a Proof of Concept: When you need to find investors for your app project, it is always advisable to create a proof of concept first before approaching them. Create an app prototype with clearly visible elementary value propositions so investors can be convinced about the app’s potential.
Unique user experience without going overboard
Every successful app stands out from its competitors primarily because of the unique and instantly engaging user experience, and this is one challenging area that determines the competitive value proposition. Unique user experience doesn’t mean offering too many features; it is more about satisfying user expectations or going beyond expectations. Here are some essential tips for delivering a winning user experience.
- Make a perfect balance between simplicity & rich feature-set: It is true that an app is known for its unique features and interactive user experience. On the other hand, by going overboard with too heavy a feature-set and interactions, you ruin the simplicity and compromise the ease of use. So, balancing the two will be a key aspect.
- Make it effortless and intuitive: An app that requires users to act less while pursuing an outcome naturally finds higher engagement and traction. From easy social login to autocomplete for filling up forms to intuitive content display based upon user’s search history, all these and many more can be highly effective.
- Context-driven and personalized: Finally, a better user experience cannot be achieved without addressing the individual user preferences and contexts. An app that sends context-aware notifications and can fit into user habits with personalized interactions can easily stay in the constant company of its users.
Several other challenging areas must equally deserve a focus from the app developers‘ perspective. But the areas mentioned above happen to be at the center of buzz across most app projects. Hence they have their deserved priority here in this post.